Thursday, June 28, 2012

A very relaxing, and needed break

Good morning to all. I'm in Sugar Land, Tx. for the fourth day. Re acquainting myself with old friends and their family. I have done the required things here in Texas, like having chicken fried steak for breakfast (YUMMY!!), eating TexMex food which is kinda like Mexican food with it's own special twist. I was also able to drive around the city of Houston, seeing downtown and the other parts of this giant metropolis. There is a section of this city that is known as Houston Medical Complex. It encompasses an area somewhere near 3x5 miles. There are more than 120,000 people working here. It has it's own zip code and actual police force. Amazing! For you folks in Eugene, imagine the entire downtown area times 20. No kidding! High rise hospital and research facilities as far as you can see. My host, JD, is a construction project manager for most of this area. His budget is more than150 milion dollars. He is only one of 51 different organizations with similar budgets.

JD and son, Jackson

Front yard
Brenda, Jackson and I at Minute Maid Park

Baseball been bery bery good to me

This morning's sunrise

JD and I
 Last night we were able to attend a Houston Astros baseball game. They played, and beat, the San Diego Padres. This was really cool 'cuz I couldn't see the Pads when I was in SD. The ballpark is visually very beautiful. Situated in the downtown area, but fairly easy to get in and out of. I had to buy a T-shirt, of course, and had to search through five different shops before I found a medium size. I guess the old adage, "everything is bigger in Texas" includes human bellies and bodies. The predominate size in every shop was 2XL and up. Big Boys! 

I must also give profs to a clerk at the Cycle Gear shop, DeAndre. I went in to buy a cooling vest for my ride. Damned hot out here, and looks like I'm gonna follow this heat all the way to the east coast. DeAndre wouldn't let me spend twice the money for a mediocre item. He guided me towards a new type of material by Bilt, called Heat Off. This stuff is less than half the cost of the swamp cooler type of vest I went in for, but, Oh my goodness! it is incredible. On my ride back to JD's I was so impressed that I called him back. He not only remembered who I was, he knew the sizes I would need and told me he would pull and hold the items I was coming back for.Thank You,  Brother.

I will close this with this simple thought; You get what you give out of life. Give your best to the folks you serve, whether family or stranger, they deserve your best. It will always come back to you...REDSENDS...

No comments:

Post a Comment